This website is designed to share information gathered during the project Level Complete. In this project teachers from schools from Rosolini (Italy), Trzebinia (Poland) and Hoogeveen (Netherlands) work together to learn more about (Digital) Game Based Learning ((D)GBL).
Gaining knowledge on the subject of ((D)GBL) and the use of this knowledge in everyday lessons is one of the main objectives in this project.
Research has shown that:
- students learn through the process of playing games
- games provide a context of engaging practice
- through games, students can learn a variety of important skills
- while playing games, students develop a variety of connections with the content and can form positive memories of learning
- games grab students’ attention and actively engage them
In this project we will research the possibilities to use (D)GBL in the context of
- Cooperative learning
- Tailored Education
- Using educational technology
During the project a number of seminars will be organised. Experts will be invited to talk about the topics Digital Game Based Learning, Cooperative Education, Inclusive/Tailored Education and Educational Technology. Workshops will be held and materials will be developed as well. In developing and reviewing these materials we will also involve students from our schools. Their input will strengthen the quality of the materials we develop during this project.